Franz Ferdinand, the NME and Harry Snotter

I'll make no secret of the fact that I despise Harry Potter and all he straddles a broomstick for, but this is hilarious. The NME states:
Franz Ferdinand plan Harry Potter roles: "FRANZ FERDINAND have been asked to write some music for the next HARRY POTTER film and could even make a cameo! The band, who are currently touring the UK have been asked to take part in the project, with singer Alex Kapranos saying the band could play a "band of ugly sisters". He told VH1: 'We've been asked to write some music. There's a section where there's a band of ugly sisters playing and I think, well, some members of Franz Ferdinand may be the ugly sisters in the band.' He continued: 'There's an excitement and innocence about those films. I like how there's good and evil, and that's a clarity which is quite refreshing.' The most recent film, 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban', featured a cameo from Ian Brown."
Hmm. "I like how there's good and evil ..." Yeah, right. I suppose it's easier to understand a binary concept than a thousand shades of grey. Take "good band" and "crap band". I wonder which cateogory FF fit into. Well, as they say, whatever the answer, "that's a clarity which is quite refreshing". And hey, Harry Potter, in the words of Go Russ Crowe and his mighty TOFOG, "you can swallow my gift".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abendland reviewed online etc ...

Before ... and ... after!

Funeral for Democracy