Imaginary Mao II

our first date - what a write-off! i even bought you flowers - you selfish man! you could have told me you'd double-booked - hell! million-booked more like it boy you had a nerve making all of us line up like school-kids in our uniforms hand in hand boys & girls two by two round & round the square for hours on end! as my two red flowers wilted in the spring sunshine i practised my lines - i'd been rehearsing them for weeks - no - years! oh you heartless man! as i walked up the steps i couldn't stop myself from grinning like a young man in love - how wrong i was! we were ushered into the first of several chambers & i placed my offering my bouquet amongst the thousands of other bouquets all bought from the same stall & all destined to return there - recycling my love wish - what gall! then came the moment i had been waiting for - a private moment - some moment that was! ha! i didn't even get a look in did i? frog-marched past your bed with nary a chance to utter sweet nothings or love poems - oh yes i'd written you a poem or two - don't try and deny the connection we once - once! - had - pitiless man! man with a glowing orange face! was that a hint of embarrassment or was it shame? i hope so but won't die hoping you remembered me at all - eyes closed as if trying to ignore me - i mean, please! at least make some kind of effort some kind of attempt at being interested in what i might have to say - what i'm feeling! that's right - i still feel something - though it's complicated now by the obvious rejection that you tailor-made for me - oh have a heart! or did they cut that out the instant you passed from fanzine pin-up status to icon? well i didn't bother purchasing anything from your crummy gift shop thinking of all those hearts you've broken - i mean shattered! including this one - this lonely miserable rejected heart of mine won't stand for much more of your philandering ways - your smug i'm-going-to- pretend-i'm-asleep palaver - just give it a rest okay? oh & while we're on the subject you owe me three Y for the flowers creep - you've got my account details - so transfer the freaking money slime ball - don't make me come back - you know what happened last time - & i'm sure neither of us want a repeat of that tragic scene - so i guess this is our last goodbye - such a short journey from ni hao to bye bye - well ha! bye bye mao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abendland reviewed online etc ...

Before ... and ... after!

Funeral for Democracy