"Taking Kylie To Korea"

Last year, as part of my residency in Seoul, I wrote an article for the Australian National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) on the subject of my experience of teaching at Sogang University. The article has now been published in the NTEU's Advocate and can be downloaded as a PDF along with the rest of the contents of the March 2006 issue. The article contains a small factual error: in the final sentence I state that the way to say "I am Australian" in Korean is "hoju saram", when in reality the correct way to say it is "hoju saram ipnida". Just in case anyone's ever called upon to explain US foreign policy whilst travelling in Korea. Then again, perhaps it'd be even more useful to know how to say "I am not an American" in that delightful but difficult language.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abendland reviewed online etc ...

Before ... and ... after!

Funeral for Democracy